Sales for Non-Selling Professionals
According to Daniel Pink (author of To Sell Is Human), we are all in sales now whether or not we like to admit it. This one day course is for professionals who are not in a formal sales role but have a responsibility to bring in revenue, client acquisition and/or grow existing clients as part of their role.
|Dates||23 Jan 2019 - This event is in the past.|
|Opening times||9.30am - 5.00pm|
|Venue||Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, CB1 7BN|
|Organiser name||Sarah L Gleadell|
|Availability||12 places available.|
For example you may be the business owner who has to wear many hats, including sales, or a partner (or working up to partner) in a professional services firm or you may have expertise in an industry such as marketing, engineering, consultancy which forms the core of your day to day role. Your business development role will require you to have conversations with prospective clients, either face to face or over the phone.
You may be:
- Frustrated that there is never enough time for business development or
- Business development takes up a lot of time and effort without always delivering the results
- Revenue peaks and troughs
- Frustrated that apparently interested prospective clients disappear without giving you a decision
- Wanting to know how to have more effective sales conversations
The focus of the day is to give you practical tools and techniques for having more effective sales conversations and to become more comfortable with the business development part of your role. There will also be two follow up reinforcement sessions to support you in applying these learnings more effectively.
Topics will include:
- Understanding human behaviour and how it impacts on your selling
- Developing a format for your sales conversations
- More effective questioning techniques
- Take more control over the sales process
- How to get to the real decision-maker
- Having more effective budget discussions
- Getting more clarity and predictability from your sales conversations
- Using your business development time effectively
We will look at the attitude, behaviour and technique elements that are required to be more successful in business development.
Caroline Robinson run’s Sandler Training, a sales training and business development company based in Cambridge, working with business owners, sales managers and sales teams to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their selling through real world, practical approaches that work.
Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration works on behalf of local employers to organise training and management development for their staff. Set up by the Network in conjunction with local HR Directors, our aim is to provide all Cambridge Network members and organisations with improved access to high quality, shared training courses at value-for-money prices.