Cambridge Network, Science Recruitment Evening
Are you looking for a Science job in Cambridgeshire? If yes then put this date in your diary! The Cambridge Network, Science recruitment event will be held at the West Cafe, at the Hauser Forum, 3 Charles Babbage Road, Cambridge CB3 0GT on Tuesday the 27th February 2018, from 6pm - 9pm.
|Dates||27 Feb 2018 - Download as vCalendar|
|Cost||Free (members) / Free (non-members)|
|Venue||Hauser Forum, The Entrepreneurship Centre, 3 Charles Babbage Road, CB3 0GT|
|Organiser name||Claire Angus|
|Member price||Non-member price||Please log in or create an account to make your booking. Book Now|
The Cambridge Network, Science recruitment evening 2018, is perfect for jobseekers or candidates looking to network with local businesses within this field. This event will be a mix of companies showcasing their job vacancies from exhibition stands and workshops.
Our event is being headlined by one of our members, LGC who will be looking in the main to talk to Scientists, Senior Scientists, Biochemists and Data Scientists.
This will be a must attend event for job seekers who are looking to engage face to face with local businesses. Exhibiting companies:
- LGC Group
- VRS- Analytical Chemistry Recruitment Consultancy
- Sagentia will also be exhibiting, their current available roles include a Chemist, Physicist and VP Medical.
- Enthought will have a stand at our event. They would like to speak to Software Developers to participate in the development of scientific and technical applications
- J.A Kemp, great opportunities for Science Graduates to join their Trainee Patent Attorney programme
- Johnson Matthey, currently recruiting for Process Development Chemists, Product Development Chemists and Analytical & Characterisation Chemists.
LGC have invited Richard Kay, Senior Research Associate Institute of Metabolic Science, Cambridge University, to give a talk: Proglucagon peptide analysis in post gastrectomy patients – bioanalysis or gut feeling?
LGC will be running some interesting workshops throughout the evening, the titles are:
7.00pm – 7.25pm
- Applying cutting edge science to LC-MS analysis in a regulated bioanalytical environment
- Bioanalysis of biomarkers and biologics using state-of-the-art immunoassay platforms
- We are a post antibiotic era where antimicrobial resistance is winning. Find out how antimicrobial resistance is detected, and why is it important for companies developing anti-infectives.
Synopsis: Antibiotic resistance is a killer. Currently infections are happening in patients that doctors cannot treat with antibiotics any more. Current cases of deaths due to AMR are frequently under reported, but are already in the hundreds of thousands and are anticipated to spiral out of control into the tens of millions in the coming decades. Antibiotic development is difficult, the easy to find molecules which work have already been discovered (with bacteria now resistant), molecule development is expensive and has an extremely high failure rate for bringing drugs to market. It’s a brave decision for anyone to make to invest in developing these vitally important drugs.
7.35pm – 8pm
- Drug Testing for Sport and the Workplace
- Using a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure patient safety
Job seekers: This event is free! Please sign up to attend.
Employers: If you are recruiting or just want to raise your profile, please get in touch for details of how to exhibit at this event - email@example.com
Cambridge Network is a membership organisation based in the vibrant high technology cluster of Cambridge, UK. We bring people together - from business and academia - to meet each other and share ideas, encouraging collaboration and partnership for shared success.