You know you’ve got to be there in this modern business world, but you also know you’re a long way short of making the most of social media. And anyway, where’s the time? This course will show you how to get on the platforms of most benefit to your company, and how to use them to maximum effect with the investment of just a few minutes of your day.
Social Media Training Course for Business (for beginners)
This course will show you how to get on the platforms of most benefit to your company, and how to use them to maximum effect with the investment of just a few minutes of your day.
- Appreciating the pace, style and substance of social media, and how to make that work for you.
- The most important platforms to be on, and their advantages.
- The critical times of day to post.
- The often-overlooked bio, and how that can build help yourself a following.
- Deciding on a narrative and style for your company.
- What to write in your posts, and how to include photos and videos to maximise impact.
- The use of links, hash tags and tags.
- How to interact with posts to help build an audience.
- The power of warmth, humour and supportiveness.
- By the end of the course, delegates will be confident in understanding social media and how best to present their company on a range of platforms.
Who is it for?
Beginners, or those with limited experience and knowledge, seeking to make social media work for their business.
- The golden rules of social media.
- Presenting a clear, resonant and compelling message that builds a loyal following.
- The relative benefits of the five main sites; Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube, and their differing popularity and appeal to various types of audience.
- Adapting one message for the different platforms.
- How to take professional looking photos using only your phone, and how to use the images to give your posts greater impact.
- The art of going viral.
- The basics of online video, and how to create your own short films for a range of platforms.
- Blogging, and how it can help your social media profile.
- Using posts to drive traffic to your website.
I'm a tutor, lecturer and coach in Communications and Business Skills at the University of Cambridge. I also run my own media, public relations and design consultancy, Creative Warehouse, work in government, and across the private and public sectors.
I can offer communications support in all areas, including:
Branding, reports, investment pitches, presentations and speech writing ~ Conventional and social media ~ Websites ~ Photography and videography ~ Public speaking ~ Crisis communications ~ Building your personal brand