A thorough introduction to strategic roadmapping, guiding participants through each step of the roadmapping process.
Strategic roadmapping is a graphical approach that supports strategic planning. It enables companies to align technological capability and business plans so that corporate strategy and technology are coordinated in an integrative manner. This course will provide delegates with the knowledge and confidence to apply roadmapping concepts and methods within their own businesses.
The IfM is a world centre of excellence for roadmapping and has helped more than 300 public and private-sector organisations, including companies such as BAE Systems, BP, GKN, the Linde Group, Philips, Rexam and Rolls-Royce with their strategic and technology innovation planning.
What you will learn
The two-day course provides a thorough introduction to strategic roadmapping, guiding delegates through the process of roadmapping, including ‘hands-on’ activities, during which actual roadmaps are created. Delegates will benefit from additional material and exercises in strategic landscaping, workshop facilitation practices and tools/toolkits.
- How roadmapping can help organisations to align technology and commercial perspectives
- Approaches for implementing roadmapping at the innovation, business and sector levels
- Multifunctional workshop methods for implementing roadmapping
- The application of roadmapping as a platform for management toolkits
- How to apply visual design principles to support the communication of strategy
The Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) provides a unique environment for the creation and sharing of new ideas and approaches to modern industrial practice.