Train the Trainer
A Trainer needs to establish credibility within the first 30 minutes of any training intervention; and then build on that to make it both a valuable and enjoyable learning experience which changes performance. This one day workshop will provide the tools and techniques necessary for achieving this.
|Dates||17 Apr 2018 - This event is in the past.|
|Opening times||09:00am - 05:00pm|
|Venue||Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, CB1 7BN|
|Organiser name||Sarah L Gleadell|
The Trainer need to establish their credibility within the first 30 min of any training intervention, they then have to build on that to make it a valuable and enjoyable learning experience that changes performance. This one day workshop will give tools and techniques necessary for achieving this.
Who this course is for
Anyone who has to deliver training.
- Develop effective training and presentation skills.
- Explore a range training styles.
- Understand learning and how to build the programme around it
- Identify your own training style and produce a plan to develop your skills.
- Consider a range of training methodologies, how to develop them and use them effectively
- Present a training session and receive feedback.
- Develop an action plan for use when developing and running the training programmes.
- What is training & why bother? Considering the link between training and productivity.
- Systematic Approach to Training. Consideration of the cycle and its uses.
- How do we learn & what is your style? Application of Kolb’s learning cycle, the learning styles and how training methods relate to this.
- The three stages in the systematic approach to training delivery:
- Plan – developing an instruction sheet, establishing methodology and competency assessment
- Prepare – practical arrangement needed to success
- Present – how to develop an effective learning environment, understanding of the core skills of a trainer and how to give effective feedback
- Factors Affecting Training: barriers to training & how to make it memorable, motivation and effective.
- Practise session: Train another delegate and get written feedback on the session
Outline of the assessment process that follows training.
The delegates will need to deliver a 10-15 minute training session during the workshop. They should have a topic in mind before the course, which will be prepared and delivered at the workshop. The topic can be either work or non-work related. They must bring all equipment with them on the day.
Number of delegates: 8
Cambridge Network Learning Collaboration is a certified CPD points provider for CPD training registered and certified with: THE CPD STANDARDS OFFICE
Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration works on behalf of local employers to organise training and management development for their staff. Set up by the Network in conjunction with local HR Directors, our aim is to provide all Cambridge Network members and organisations with improved access to high quality, shared training courses at value-for-money prices.