A well-established Innovative OEM manufacturer, providing bespoke solutions globally with ambitious organic growth plans, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer, as an addition to their successful growing passionate team. Working closely with the Engineering Manager, you will be part of a wider team, responsible for the production and management of all drawings and specifications for equipment, machinery, tooling, products, sales and packaging design.
Mechanical Design Engineer, Cambridge
Your role Involves management of product specifications to ensure they are kept up to date to industry standards, design of machinery; tooling and final product. It is essential you are a self-starter with excellent communication and project management skills, as you will be a heavily involved with customers, sub contractors, suppliers and all operations within the business.
You will possess a degree in engineering, science, material discipline or similar calibre with software experience in CAD/Solid Works, Adobe Illustrator and MS packages with an understanding of DFM processes, operating within a mechanical engineering environment. Manipulations of materials, brazing processes, automation, control and system exposure is preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the generation of equipment, machinery, tooling and product drawings, specifications to recognise with industry standards
- Manage and control drawings and specifications including the release and updating process internally and with stakeholders and suppliers
- Project manage multi projects with stakeholders and suppliers
- Manage design of packaging and artwork tasks with customer and supplier facing projects
- Responsible for all engineering change requests including the supporting processes and procedures
- Responsible for formal project sign off and acceptance with all the relevant participants
- Ensuring all the designs for tooling, machinery, equipment and products fully meet all statutory health and safety rules
- Support the Engineering Design Manager to ensure the engineering team delivers contribution level each year
- Promote and maintain a clean and tidy approach to all work situations in line with the companies housekeeping standards and 5S initiatives
- Provide full support to the Engineering Manager, ensuring the team delivers and covers the department operating annual overheads
The company operates Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week with an early finish on a Friday at 2.30pm, offering excellent benefits, that includes Pension, Healthcare and quarterly social events.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate, fun and Innovate business that values their people and continually innovates to maintain the respect and trust of their Customers.
Salary Range £35K - £45K