We are looking for candidates with a clear and analytical mid-set – those who are good at solving problems and working within tight deadlines.
Patent Attorney - Cambridge
Seeking a Patent Attorney - Cambridge
We are looking for candidates with a clear and analytical mid-set – those who are good at solving problems and working within tight deadlines. You will hold a Degree or PhD in Physics and / or Engineering qualification holding some either basic or more advanced experience within patent filing in order to provide prosecution and advice in order to strengthen our clients intellectual position.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: Travel opportunities, Free tea, freshly ground coffee and fruit, Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming), Cycle to work scheme, Shower facilities, Private Health Insurance, Life insurance, 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
Our client has over 200 granted and pending patents based around their technology and we are looking to further strengthen the Attorney team in order to further protect the interests of the company.
- Drafting patent applications
- Patent filing and prosecution in the UK, Europe and internationally
- Liaison and working with external patent attorneys as appropriate
- Holding invention disclosures and discussions with technical staff
- Maintenance of the IP management system
- Assisting technical staff with IP-related questions
- Continuing the development of IP-related knowledge and processes
- Patent searching in areas of interest
- Giving advice on third-party patent rights
- Attending patent committee meetings involving the IP team, technical and commercial managers
- Preparing IP reports for management and customers as required
Key Skills Required:
- Part-qualified or fully qualified UK/European patent attorney
- Degree or PhD in the physical sciences or engineering (degree essential, PhD preferred)
- Good understanding of the physics and the design of mechanical devices
- Excellent patent drafting skills
- Good knowledge of domestic and international patent law
- Practical and commercial approach to IP
- Ability to communicate clearly, precisely and concisely
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.