My client is looking for someone with a software or electronics background with experience in providing technical advice and support on a 1 to 1 and group basis.
Before & After Sales Technical Engineer - Cambridge
Seeking a Before & After Sales Technical Engineer - Cambridge
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing technology company based in Cambridge, that have been successfully operating in their market for over 10 years and are currently dealing with some of the largest Blue-Chip companies in the world! My client is looking for someone with a software or electronics background with experience in providing technical advice and support on a 1 to 1 and group basis.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: 09:00am – 17:00pm Monday – Friday (Flexible working hours could be considered)
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays, dress down policy, modern office, Christmas closure, free refreshments, free lunch, company pension plan, cycle to work scheme and free parking!
Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will work closely with them and the sales team to provide technical support to customers, as well as working with the technical team to stay knowledgeable of all updates and changes to product software.
- Work closely with the technical teams and sales team to create and improve the customer experience
- Support and interact with customers using the company’s API (Application Programming Interface)
- Support the technical team in testing/evaluating new hardware and software products from suppliers, using evaluations to make informed decisions on adoption and future sales and support strategies
- Create and develop various test, support and demonstration environments and props
- Assist in the testing of all products as and when necessary, communicating results and suggestions back to the development team, supporting future updates, upgrade plans and road-maps
- Provide support to relevant teams with the specification, installation, configuration and commissioning of customer systems, providing on-going technical support and where appropriate communicating with suppliers and/or internal development team to resolve issues
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in customer facing technical support, both before and after sales
- A strong background in software or electronics
- Understanding of coding/scripting or electronic/technical limitations
- Apps or Field Apps Engineer background would be ideal
- Ability to manage highly IT-literate end customer by phone, email and face-to-face
- Highly organised to be able to manage and keep updates presentations, training materials and other relevant documentation
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this to Permanent vacancy.