SoCode are working in partnership with an exciting software company in Cambridge who despite being an important segment of a global company, the team emphasises interesting projects, people-focused culture and a collaborative mindset.
Our client is going through an exciting growth period a pragmatic QA Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within manual testing and gain an opportunity to train develop into automation.
Our client works in highly complex domains, so the ideal candidate will be motivated to learn about their customers and what they would like to achieve. Learning and development is the foundation of the team, all QA will have the opportunity to become both domain and product experts’ overtime!
Skills, experience & traits;
- Excellent communicator, ability to clearly explain topics to colleagues as well as being able to understand
- Proactive in your approach to communication
- Apply sound logic in situations where you are working autonomously
- Ability to learn new skills and techniques when required to adapt to changes in product
- Motivated to learn and improve yourself as well as improving the way the team works together and the products they make
- Methodical approach to your work, ability to break down complex issues into smaller, more logical parts
- Experience in manually testing software, using industry standard approaches to confirm that features, changes and bug fixes to software work as expected
- Working in small scrum teams alongside developers, shaping and evolving the way your team works to deliver awesome features
- Getting involved at the earliest stages possible in feature development, such as reviewing UX designs and mock ups or discussing the details of changes being requested by the product manager or customers
- Representing the end users, feeding back on the usability of the product by applying our domain and product knowledge for each change being made
- Training members of your immediate team an from the wider company on how to use products more effectively
- Getting involved in all stages of the development life cycles, not just testing the implemented features
Our client offers an incredibly flexible and mature working environment, they also have one of the best benefits packages I’ve come across in Cambridge so far.