A well established British manufacture is seeking at Machine Shop Operative Finishing Technician to join a successful company that is experiencing significant organic growth with ambitious future plans.
Machine Shop Operative Finishing Technician
Based in a busy machine shop, you will be involved in a varied role, that includes the finishing of components from CNC machines that require deburring, cleaning, rumbling and drilling as well as centerless grinding of parts to finished size.
You will have exposure working within an engineering environment with dexterity, lean and continuous improvement approach, looking to make this role your own where you can make change and have your own ideas. Focusing on three key areas include the finishing of manufactured parts, logistics of the raw material and the control of waste materials.
Ideally you will have exposure in centerless grinding and a forklift license, however full training will be provided.
Key responsibilities include:
• Grind, deburr, clean, rumble and drill components as required
• Use the forklift truck to empty swarf bins, unload raw materials and load goods for despatch
• Support apprentices and additional staff during perak periods, allocating job and instructions
• Book in materials and sub-contracted jobs when they arrive from the supplier
• Ensure the ERP system and all paperwork is completed correctly and on time
• Occasionally deliver and pick up products locally using company vehicle
• Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures
• Carry out any duties that may be assigned by the Machine Shop Manager, Production Scheduler or the Operations Director
• Essential you are commuter literate to log information on the ERP system
• Forklift licence an advantage or training provided
This business offers the opportunity to join an innovative full life cycle manufacturer that values and invests in their people. Operating globally, they continually challenge technology, whilst providing bespoke solutions. Excellent benefit package includes life assurance, pension, profit share scheme, working Monday to Thursday 8am – 4.30pm with early finish on Fridays at 3.30pm with some flexibility in the hours for start time.