Arm is looking for degree apprentices to join our engineering teams based in the UK.
2020 Degree Apprenticeship
A Degree Apprenticeship provides a way to access higher education while gaining valuable experience in the workplace. The apprenticeship with Arm will comprise both paid work and study, allowing the apprentice to earn while undertaking study. The apprentice would work towards a three year BSc or BEng Honours degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering funded by ARM in partnership with Essex University. Your on-the-job learning would be supported by a dedicated mentor at ARM and academic support from the University. You would be working with the latest ARM technology, on a variety of exciting projects during the duration of the apprenticeship.
Our apprenticeship program is designed to meet the relevant Degree (Level 6) Apprenticeship Standards. The program is expected to take four and half years to complete, including a period of work and training after graduation. The apprenticeship will be completed by passing an external assessment. The apprenticeship will commence in Autumn 2018. Apprenticeship positions are available in a number of different teams within ARM across our software engineering groups.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it’s like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- You should have (or expect to achieve in Summer 2018) excellent ‘A’ levels (typically including Maths) which would meet University entry requirements.
- A keen interest in computers and/or electronics.
- Enjoys solving problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Good listening skills.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seek out and encourage alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.