Iconal Technology is looking for science, engineering or maths graduates and postgraduates to join its growing team (based in Cambridge) as Consultants.
If you have recently graduated, or you are seeking postgraduate employment, search below for opportunities in Cambridge. Students - search here for internships and work experience opportunities too. You can also find out more about life in Cambridge as a new or recent graduate or find out more about our member companies in these pages.
Consultants [Graduates or Postgraduates]
- Iconal Technology carries out contract research and consultancy in new and emerging technologies for homeland security. We work with government clients in the UK, Europe and the USA carrying out early-stage research and providing independent, science-based analysis and advice.
- This role will involve elements of hands-on scientific experimentation, technical R&D, data analysis, technology forecasts and foresighting studies, laboratory and field test & evaluation of new and emerging technology using techniques from across a wide range of physics, chemistry, material science, engineering and IT.
- You are an innovative thinker with keen technical skills and a desire to gain experience and develop domain knowledge in a challenging technical area. You will be flexible, adaptable, highly self-motivated and enjoy variety, creating novel solutions to complex challenges.
- This is a great opportunity to join a flexible, streamlined, motivated team, and to make a real impact both within the company and the security field.
- Graduate or postgraduate level qualification in a STEM discipline such as physics, chemistry, materials science, applied mathematics, engineering or computer science
- Solid understanding of physical principles
- Hands-on attitude to experimentation and problem-solving
- Some experience and aptitude for computer programming
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and the value of your work clearly and confidently, both face-to-face and in writing
- Self-motivated, capable of independent research
- Experience or interest in technology, consulting, government science or policy
- Experience with machine learning and data analysis tools
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Experience or potential for project leadership
- Hobbies or pastimes that demonstrate a flair for creativity and innovation
- Willingness to obtain security clearance
- Experience in homeland security or related areas is not essential, however we are keen to hear of any relevant background which may support your application.
Salary, benefits and location
- We offer competitive salary, pension and benefits. The roles will be based in Cambridge.
How to apply
- Click apply now to send us your CV and a covering letter.