You will be working in our Engineering team focusing on software product testing. We will align you with an experienced engineer who can act as your mentor and you will get hands on experience of projects from day one as well as being put through a personalised induction course that will help you to understand and work effectively in a way that fits your skills.
We are a small, flexible, dynamic team who are passionate about the technology and the products that we make. Our products make a significant difference to the everyday workings of many companies all around the world. Our leading-edge IP based KVM solutions help our customers in industries such as Broadcast, Control Room / Data Center, Transport, Financial, Medical and Government, Security & Services sectors to solve their connectivity issues. Since we actually manufacture our products here, in Cambridge, you will be involved from the initial concept through design, implementation and right into manufacturing. This gives you the opportunity to be involved in all elements of the full Product life cycle as well as working on real and often unique technical problems.
Day-to-day activities will include but not limited to:
- Design and run effective manual and automated tests, within the agile development process
- Cooperating with colleagues to configure environments to run the tests for a range of our products
- Running tests, interpreting results and suggesting improvements
- Clear, timely reporting of test results and issues
- Working as part of project teams, delivering to project objectives and timescales.
- Good degree in a computing/engineering related discipline or equivalent
- Experience of Linux and command line-based interfaces
- Some experience of scripting languages e.g. Python, Bash
- Working knowledge of electronics and IP networks will be an advantage
- Excellent ability to communicate information about status of tests
- Attention to detail and ability to work methodically
- Excellent written and spoken English
We offer a wide range of benefits from 25 days holiday to private medical care. Please check our career website for more details.
To be considered for any vacancies, applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
NOTE: This role is not open to agencies