Are you an ambitious and creative Graduate Electronics Engineer who is graduating in 2020 and ready for a challenge? Become a valued engineer and work in a collaborative environment where you will have the support of an experienced team. You can expect to develop your technical skills and gain an understanding of new fields of science and technology.
Graduate Electronics Engineer (September 2020)
You'll join our Graduate Development Programme and benefit from the support of an allocated mentor, a mix of training which will focus on consultancy and soft skills development, on the job learning to help you grow technically, and the support to achieve chartership.
You will be responsible for developing electronic hardware and embedded software for a range of products and applications in the consumer, healthcare and energy sectors. You will be involved in all aspects of product development - from concept, to analysis, to prototype design and transfer to manufacture.
This role will be based in our Cambridge office and there may opportunities for international travel to a variety of client sites. If you are looking for a varied career, in a fast paced environment where we offer our clients a truly holistic approach, then we would love to hear from you.
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Electronic Engineering from a leading university
- Solid digital and/or analogue electronics knowledge
- Software engineering experience (C and Matlab)
- Understanding of power supply design
- Experience with microcontrollers (PIC, AVR etc.)
- Signal processing and control theory understanding
- FPGA knowledge and Verilog/VHDL experience is desirable
- Communication is key in this role. You will need to present your ideas and conclusions to stakeholders from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Able to work collaboratively to fast timescales whilst maintaining an excellent attention to detail
- Some commercial awareness is an advantage
- Self-motivated and accustomed to getting on, with a thirst for new technologies and using the best tools for the job
- Bright, conscientious and creative
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture.
We hire people with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for design, engineering and science so if you’re the type of person who fills their spare time designing and making things, then we’d love to know.
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas, you receive a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 12% non-contributory pension, private healthcare and 25 days holiday