Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
The position requires that you demonstrate proven hands-on experience in dealing with customer support queries, coming from internal or external customers. You will ensure that queries are dealt with in a timely manner and recorded in our helpdesk database and within agreed service levels. You will liaise directly with customers to carry out an initial analysis of hardware, software and network related problems. You will replicate issues as required, before liaising with our global engineering teams to find a resolution, while keeping customers fully informed of the progress of their issue.
- Work with our customers to quickly investigate, evaluate and successfully resolve technical problems providing assistance to resolve technical faults.
- Diagnose hardware, software and network related problems and carry out independent research to find technical solutions where necessary. Where a solution cannot be identified, work closely with our engineering teams, to escalate as appropriate.
- Logging and then transferring non-technical service issues to relevant teams (such as internal sales, operations, customer services and sales order processing), assisting with Technical Support related admin tasks, when required.
- Provide advice on configuring and optimising nCipher products, to ensure that services are running effectively.
- Provide customers with downloads of software upgrades, product keys, licenses and documentation as permitted by their maintenance contract.
- Operate within the helpdesk software, updating tickets and generating knowledgebase articles.
- Carry out occasional on-site installations and provide customer training, as required.
- Some after-hours/weekend work may be required. Participation in the 24 x 7 telephone support rota is required when judged able to do so.
- Previously worked in a customer facing role, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written word, in English.
- Strong customer focus, self-motivation and the flexibility to work outside core hours and the ability to work under pressure are vital.
- Functional use of MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn and utilise support tools and databases.
- Strong technical abilities in IP networking and operating systems such Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- Knowledge of cryptography
- A college or degree level qualification related to computer sciences or IT (not essential with relevant previous experience)