Are you creative, innovative, and enthusiastic about new technologies? Do you enjoy programming and have a knack for problem solving? We are looking for graduate engineers passionate about a career in digital hardware design and verification.
2020 Design and Verification Graduate
At Arm you will shape the future of technology and collaborate in the development of next-generation GPUs, CPUs, Machine Learning accelerators, and System components to power billions of devices worldwide.
Hardware Design & Verification Graduates Roles at Arm
We have exciting opportunities in the following hardware groups:
- In the GPU group we design the latest graphics processors.
- In the CPU group we develop mainstream processors ranging from high-performance cores to low-power micro-controllers.
- In the Machine Learning group we create processors optimised for efficient machine learning applications.
- In the Systems group we build the Interconnect, Display Processor, Image Signal Processor and other system components that are essential to achieving high performance system-on-chip designs.
As a graduate engineer you will directly influence the development of hardware IP that is used extensively in a wide variety of devices, from mobile phones and tablets to sensors to servers.
You will work on real projects from day one, with help and guidance from experienced engineers. Through teamwork, training, and dedication to personal development, we ensure that every graduate engineer learns about different aspects of our work, and becomes an expert in the field.
You will work in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and will have the opportunity to work on different projects and with different groups through the graduate rotation programme.
What will your role be?
- You will help to write specifications for the next generation of Arm’s IP products, analysing trade-offs between different options via modelling in C++ or a hardware description language (HDL).
- You will develop IP in HDL, working with the rest of the design team to deliver a product with leading power efficiency and performance.
- You will verify IP to the highest quality standards using a wide range of methodologies – constrained random simulation using testbenches written in SystemVerilog, running real applications on emulation or FPGA platforms, and using formal methods.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will need at least a Bachelor’s degree at 2.1 (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Skills and experience that we look for in a hardware Design and Verification Graduate include:
- An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in processors and digital systems
- Understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Familiarity with basic digital design concepts
- Experience of at least one programming language
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Other desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of one of the following: GPU, CPU, Machine Learning, or System architecture
- Knowledge of design techniques for low power
- Familiarity with a hardware description language, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches (e.g. UVM and Formal)
- Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally Arm assembler), higher-level (e.g. C), object-oriented (e.g. C++)
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
- Exposure to low-level programming or driver development
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.