Are you passionate about setting new standards in physical implementation? Are you interested in working for one of the most successful IP design companies in the world? Do you want to take part in designing the next groundbreaking GPU?
2020 Graduate Physical Implementation Engineer
This is a rare opportunity for you to become a part of the Arm GPU group. The GPU group is at the forefront of advanced GPU IP products for the consumer, wireless and automotive infotainment markets. You will join an international team of creative engineers working together to remain on the state of the art of IP and SoC development techniques. This successful team has been central to the development of recent graphics processors.
In this role your mandate will be to influence RTL development whilst innovating, crafting and deploying the latest implementation techniques on live projects. You will provide the quality support that our customers desire and collaborate with them to develop the best products that help influence the world, and you will have the opportunity to drive EDA vendors on leading-edge processes (eg. 7nm FinFET) whilst pushing the boundaries of power efficiency and influencing physical library development.
A wide range of learning opportunities and challenges will be available. You will also give the opportunity, if desired, to travel and work with our other teams.
- Physical implementation of Arm graphics processors using the entire implementation flow from RTL through place and route to STA
- Pursuing complex challenges like low power and methodologies for improving the efficiency of implementation
- To understand, plan and address the life-cycle phases of engineering projects
- Working with the sales and marketing teams to support the launch of new products
- Supporting our customers and enable them to be successful in the world
- Collaborating with EDA vendors to improve the best in class results from our processors whilst focussing on the ideal user experience
You hold a university degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Basic understanding of hardware development and tooling
- An attention to details and tenacity to chase down problems, document and present a solution
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good analytical skills along with the ability for creative thinking
- Ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team
- A professional and enthusiastic approach to work
- Passion and curiosity to grow your expertise
- Knowledge of hardware description languages (eg. Verilog or System Verilog)
- You are proficient in scripting languages such as Tcl, Python and Perl
- Knowledge of Arm based SoCs
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.