ARM is looking for a Graduate to join the project management team of the Development Solutions Group. In this interesting and varied role, you would be working on one of a range of software projects and engineering teams, and interacting with many groups, teams and stakeholders across the company in a fast-paced environment.
2020 Graduate Project Manager
The Development Solutions Group (DSG) develops and markets integrated software tools to silicon partners and OEM customers. The product portfolio includes ARM DS-5 Development Tools, Fast Models, Cycle Models, Keil MCU tools, Enterprise and HPC Software Development Tools, GNU Tools and the ARM Compiler. These tools support software development for all ARM CPUs both with, and in advance of the availability of, target silicon.
The DSG vision is to help our customers create innovative and energy efficient ARM Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to create or enable tools that improve ARM system performance, productivity or time to market.
Effective project management is central to successful delivery within DSG. Our Project Managers play a leading role in the multi-disciplinary team, and are accountable for ensuring delivery of high quality products from conception through to release. This is achieved through close collaboration with Engineering and Product Management, typically lead and coordinated by the Project Manager. The Project Manager must also coordinate with program managers and other project managers to ensure project and product dependencies are identified and managed effectively
What will I be accountable for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Graduate candidate who wants to be part of something great. As part of the project management team in the group, you will learn project management through working directly on some of the projects in the group. You will start off with parts of a larger project to manage, under the guidance of a senior project manager, and over time will progress to managing whole projects.
Managing projects in DSG means being responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of software releases, managing stakeholders, communications, and processes. You will also be a general problem solver for the team – engineers will come to you with problems, and you will need to use all the resources at your disposal to solve them.
This role is a great opportunity to get involved with the organisation of a software product, and will expose you to many aspects of the business of a world class technology company.
What will we expect of you?
As a member of the team we will look for you to;
- Collaborate and work collectively with others around the organisation building trust and credibility as you go. We will expect you to be selfless and to leave your ego at the door as you come in. We describe this as, ‘we, not I’.
- Express the passion and pride in what you do, to challenge through debate and discussion and to embrace and drive progress and change within the organisation. We associate this as, ‘passion for progress’.
- Be empowered to take an active part in ARM and help shape the future. ARM people are expected to be themselves, be extraordinary, be creative and to have fun in the working environment. We articulate this as, ‘be your brilliant self’.
Additionally, we are looking for some of the following attributes – though not necessarily all of them
- Degree educated in an engineering, computer science, business or project subject;
- Experience of the MS Office applications;
- Demonstrate an ability to work positively with the full range of individuals and groups;
- Exhibit leadership and management skills;
- Be driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude with a strong sense of ownership to get the job done without upsetting others;
- Obtain excellent written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the delivery of the project.
- Be a strong problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.