Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking an FPGA Design Engineer for its world-wide industrial inkjet electronics and software business.
Graduate FPGA Design Engineer
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is the world’s leading independent supplier of electronics and software to drive industrial inkjet printers. Meteor products are used in a wide range of digital printing applications such as digital product decoration, textile printing, ceramic tile decoration, 3D printing and more. Meteor products incorporate FPGAs, microcontrollers, and high-performance amplifiers as part of a modular and scalable system. Headquartered near Cambridge, UK, Meteor employs about 30 people, including software engineers, electronics engineers, and FPGA developers, in a friendly, fast-paced environment. With a long-established reputation in the development, supply and support of reliable, high-performance products, Meteor has secured a significant share of the global market and enjoys a loyal and growing customer base.
Meteor products depend on complex field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), programmed using VHDL, to perform functions required to prepare images, and drive the printheads. The company seeks an enthusiastic and capable engineer with a good understanding of digital systems and a desire to develop skills in complex FPGA design. Recent graduates with some experience in this area and a demonstrable enthusiasm to become expert in this field will also be considered.
Reporting to Meteor’s Engineering Director, the role will include:
- FPGA code development to meet customer and in-house requirements
- FPGA code simulation and testing
- Participation in group design activities
- Taking responsibility for work assigned
- Review of the existing code base to propose and develop new solutions
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Possess a good understanding of digital design principles
- Have experience developing FPGA code in VHDL or Verilog
- Ability to work both individually and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Exhibit good time and task management skills
The candidate should ideally also have some of the following:
- Experience with software development in C/C++
- Experience with scripting using Python/Tcl
- Electronics design experience
- Low-level software design experience
- Awareness/knowledge of the digital printing industry
The job is based at Meteor’s headquarters near Cambridge. While the role could involve occasional international travel to establish requirements or to assist customers in deploying Meteor software, travel is not a significant part of this job.
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing small company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes a generous pension scheme, private health insurance, an annual profit-sharing bonus scheme.