Sentec, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Graduate Electronics Engineer.
Graduate Electronics Engineer
At Sentec we apply our knowledge of fundamental science, electronics, software, analytics and design across a wide range of advanced products, both within the Xylem group, and to a number of selected third parties, including some familiar household brands. From brainstorming to prototype to manufacture and production process, our clients benefit from outstanding ideas and class-leading products and services.
Our ownership structure provides a unique opportunity: we receive the insights, challenges, global view, and stability of a large corporation, we are left to operate in a small-company, agile, innovative manner to deliver solutions – which ultimately have a commercial route to market through our parent company – giving our team the unique position of seeing their innovations being deployed in real commercial products. Sentec innovations are making important contributions to some of today’s key social and global resource issues – for example, there are now over 15 million smart city assets incorporating Sentec technology deployed around the world, enabling the management of energy and water resources.
We hire bright, thoughtful and motivated individuals, and recognise that our success as an organisation depends on creating an environment where great employees can thrive. Teams are fluid, and individuals are trusted to take on stretching work within a supportive environment that emphasises the importance of strong communication and knowledge sharing. The fast-paced, project-based environment provides opportunities for motivated people to get involved in all aspects of delivery and to develop into new technical areas.
The successful candidate will join the Electronics Team at Sentec. This is a team of 6 Engineers who support the development of a wide range of different product and projects within Xylem and for third party clients. The work ranges from early stage brainstorming, problem identification and new technology development, to product development, design qualification and test, and support of designs through to high volume manufacturing. The team work in Sentec’s well equipped laboratory which has a wide range of test equipment, a 3m anechoic chamber for EMC emissions and immunity measurements, a full mechanical workshop and other specialist facilities for testing electricity, water and gas measurement devices.
Key Skills, Experience & Duties
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Development of leading edge electronic systems and solutions for Xylem business units and Sentec’s consultancy clients
- The work will involve
- Overall system design and feasibility assessment
- Detail design of individual circuit boards
- Simulation and Calculation
- Schematic Capture and Layout
- Prototype Manufacturing
- Prototype Test and evaluation
- Support for transfer to manufacture and certification
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Excellent understanding of Analogue Signal Chain design and simulation
- Qualified to Degree level in a relevant subject (Electronics Engineering, Engineer or Physics)
- Familiar with embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Familiar with C coding on embedded platforms
- Hands on experience with prototype construction and testing
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Familiarity with Altium Designer is a nice to have
- Hands on experience developing and testing embedded systems