We’re looking for someone to bring an experienced test and quality perspective to our engineering team, working on our VNC Connect product line.
Senior Software Test Engineer (Viewers)
Responsibilities of this role include planning, executing and reporting on appropriate tests for components that make up our products, including manual and exploratory testing, developing and maintaining automated functional and performance tests (and working on their associated frameworks or test environments as required), and ensuring appropriate security testing is carried out. You would be doing a combination of manual and automated testing, but we trust you to select the right mix for each job.
Reporting to the team’s Lead Engineer, you’d be working as part of a group where quality is a shared responsibility. Whilst you’d be involved in all aspects of testing, your skills and experience make you a natural source of test inspiration and guidance for other engineers in the team, leaving you to focus on the more complex and involved scenarios – or any other aspects needed to understand and maintain an appropriately high standard of quality.
We are looking for creative, flexible and collaborative approaches. We value the input of everyone working on our projects, and talented individuals can make a big difference. In exchange, we expect you to be highly motivated, willing to explore novel solutions, and able to make a valuable contribution to our products.
- are passionate about testing and the role it plays in producing great software
- have a track record of delivering high quality results on open-ended or ambitious projects, with minimal supervision
- are confident with manual software testing techniques, including exploratory testing
- can write high quality and maintainable code for testing in an appropriate language, e.g. Python, Java, etc.
- can consistently make well-reasoned decisions about what (and what not) to test, and the best type of test or tool for the job
- are comfortable sharing your testing experience with your peers and keep up to date on new techniques and technologies to enrich that experience.
- have experience of testing desktop and/or mobile applications across a range of different operating systems (e.g. Windows, macOS, Linux, UNIX for desktop; and/or iOS, Android for mobile) and network environments
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
- have a good technical degree (or equivalent qualification / experience)
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Engineering Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work / life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday), although flexibility may sometimes be required.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.