An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and experienced Systems Administrator to join our team at RealVNC.
Linux Systems Administrator
RealVNC is a highly successful, forward-thinking software company based in Cambridge (UK) City Centre. As the original inventors and developers of VNC remote-access technology, our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals at global companies such as Intel, Google, IBM, DreamWorks, NASA and Philips. We have won three Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in the last 3 years and won the 2013 Royal Academy of Engineering’s MacRobert prize, the UK’s most prestigious award for engineering.
Our systems team is expanding, and we’re looking for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to manage and support our development, test and production Linux servers. You’ll manage configuration documentation and operational run-books, whilst working closely with other members of the systems team to resolve technical issues. Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, you’ll be a vital part of a fast-paced team, working to ensure that our business critical systems remain operational at all times.
- are technically proficient with demonstrable experience of managing production environments
- have demonstrable operational experience of administering Linux servers (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS/RHEL) in a production environment
- have experience of providing 2nd/3rd line support
- have the ability to work effectively both as part of a team and individually
- have a good grasp of network and storage fundamentals
- would be keen to develop your knowledge of different technologies
As well as the above, if you have experience with any of the following technologies, then we’d like to know about it!
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Configuration management tools (Ansible/Puppet/CFEngine)
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare ESX)
- Web servers (Apache 2.x, Nginx)
- Shell scripting (bash/perl/python)
This is a rare opportunity to make a contribution to the continued success and growth of a world-class company with huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. It will include a competitive salary and generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
It’s a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work / life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday). Please bear in mind that the team also provides out-of-hours support, meaning there’s an additional on-call element requiring you to be available 24/7 on rotation.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply now’ button. Make sure you quote the reference SYS5 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post