Transform your career with RealVNC™ and join our successful, forward thinking team.
Outbound Business Developer
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) City Centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, and Philips.
We are looking for an Outbound Business Developer to on-board new licensees of RealVNC’s developer tools, including Software Development Kits (SDKs) and source code. You’ll be responsible for identifying target organisations which are all part of a specific vertical market, then utilising your experience and contacts in order to win new business within them.
Using a clearly defined sales strategy, you’ll qualify organisations, quickly identifying those who would benefit strategically from our remote access technology. Subsequently you’ll meet with these organisations in person to continue the sales discussion with the intention of building a new, renewable revenue stream for RealVNC within 12 months of first contact.
Reporting to the Strategic Alliances Manager, this role offers fantastic opportunities for personal and professional development whilst working with an already successful global brand.
- will have experience and be able to show a great track record in consultative selling
- will win new business and generate recurring sales revenue from outbound activity in line with pre-agreed targets
- will have 5+ years’ experience in the technology sector with a history of hitting aggressive sales quotas
- will have experience of working with technical/integration teams both pre- and post-sale to keep the customer engaged and on board
- are a strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to build compelling business cases for customers to license our products
- will take care to demonstrate respect for our customers and prospects at all times in both your presentation and your approach
- will be expected to take part in domestic and international travel as the role requires
This role offers a unique opportunity to join a stable and successful Cambridge-based company with a world-famous brand and a lot of potential. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. It will include a competitive salary and generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply now’ button. Make sure you quote the reference BD1 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.