Help shape amazing remote access applications for a wide range of mobile and other consumer focused devices.
Mobile Applications Tester
RealVNC® is a highly successful, forward-thinking software company based in Cambridge (UK)
city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by
hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from
global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
We have a range of mobile applications which allow people to remotely access computers simply and securely, and we’re looking for testers with iOS or Android experience to help test them. You’d also be involved in testing our SDKs for mobile platforms, which allow other developers to embed VNC technology into their app. We support a wide range of devices already, but are always looking to expand and get our tech working on the latest gadgets!
We like to think we have a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We value the input of everyone working on the project, and talented individuals can make a big difference. In exchange we expect you to be highly motivated, willing to explore novel solutions, and able to make a significant contribution to our products.
● have a passion for mobile technology and the ability to pick things up quickly
● have experience of testing commercial software for either iOS or Android (or both!)
● have written automated tests for mobile applications before and know a bit about the types of
frameworks that are available
● are happy with using the command line in your favourite OS, and have played with a couple of different operating systems in the past
● are able to communicate technical ideas clearly, with excellent written and spoken English
● have a good degree (or other relevant qualification)
As well as the above, if you have experience with any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
● The ability to demonstrate good automated test development practices, including knowing when test automation isn’t appropriate
● An understanding of the networking technologies that underpin the internet (e.g. IP addresses, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, etc.)
● Experience with UI and usability testing
● Experience with Appium or some other Selenium-based automated test framework
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our engineering team, working for a successful, growing
company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work / life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday), although flexibility may sometimes be required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference TE28 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.