Due to the success of our leading edge IP-based hardware solutions and rapidly expanding customer demand for enhanced functionality, we are seeking a versatile, energetic, software engineer to architect and develop software for the central control system that manages our advanced range of digital KVM-over-IP matrix products. The role involves close co-operation with a team of software and hardware developers working on the target KVM-over-IP hardware to co-ordinate the management messaging. This is a key role in delivering software for our high performance KVM solutions.
Opportunities for permanent roles in a range of business sectors
Senior Software Engineer (Web OS)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++
- Ability to understand a complex problem space and produce well designed, readable, testable, and well documented code
- A good understanding of the sometimes complex relationships between network devices, users, groups, connection types, access rights and system status
- Experience of Networking and IP networks
- Experience of Web Technologies and RESTful API development
- Previous experience with optimised database driven management systems
- Previous experience in the design of scalable, highly reliable, failure tolerant systems.
- A working knowledge of encryption techniques would also be very useful.
- Able to lead a small team
- Able to manage more junior staff
Desirable / useful
- Experience of brokered WAN or Cloud systems
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Django and SNMP
- Good understanding of network multimedia
- Experience of Scrum and Agile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to produce optimised and innovative solutions
- A passion for delivering a quality solution
- A good degree or equivalent educational qualifications in an appropriate discipline