AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
We have several exciting opportunities to join our growing Cloud Services Engineering team based in Cambridge.
AstraZeneca has recently launched a Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) transformation programme to position us at the forefront of our field over the coming years. This includes significant investment in cutting edge machine learning and automation techniques, supported by an uplift in our data quality, standards and data engineering. We are expanding our team of highly skilled and talented individuals who are helping to enable and evolve our DevOps capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who craves working with new technologies and is looking for responsibility, ownership and variety. You’ll be regularly challenged with new technologies, services and ways of working in a large enterprise-scale environment.
We are looking for a Cloud Services Engineer to help us build Cloud capabilities and tooling to support DevOps and development capabilities. We’re looking for someone who can work alongside multiple DevOps and development teams and who is self-motivated and able to actively contribute new ideas to the Cloud platforms and services we support. The focus is very much on enabling these teams to deliver independently so there is a heavy focus on automation, self-service, provision of guardrails, and baking of process and governance into workflow and technology.
In your role as Cloud Services Engineer you’ll be working in an Agile way with software engineers, data engineers, data scientists and solution architects to build and manage a range of Cloud capabilities and infrastructure services from micro-services applications running on Kubernetes and Docker to data analytics applications running AI, Machine Learning and Big Data platforms.
Essential skills and experience
- In depth experience with setup, configuration and maintenance of Cloud services from one of the big-name Cloud providers; Also exposure to a second Cloud provider. Supported Cloud providers include AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Experience and familiarity with a range of automated deployment tools
- Willingness to learn and develop new tech skills as required
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently to deliver objectives
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe
- Experience in cloud design
- Experience in system maintenance, recovery and administration across Linux and Windows
- Experience with skills around virtual instances, cloud and automation
- Experience with skills around automation and tools such as (but not limited to) Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Lambda, Terraform, Ansible etc.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an outstanding place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
AstraZeneca is a great place to work and provides a great working environment and work-life balance. If you would like to discuss flexible working, we would be happy to hear from you - Apply today to part of something extraordinary....