We are recruiting for a Paraplanner to join our team.
Role: To support the team of financial planners and deliver a research and report writing service to high net worth clients.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- An understanding of the financial planning process.
- Ability to work within defined business processes.
- Prioritise and plan own workload to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision.
- Detailed and accurate.
- Articulate, analytical and numerate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills with competency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word & Outlook) and financial research tools (e.g. O&M, Voyant, FE Analytics & Synaptic).
- Using FE Analytics to research and analyse fund performance, volatility and risk.
- Using Voyant to prepare cash flow plans for clients and incorporate system outputs into reports and assist with their presentation in client meetings.
- Using O&M Pensions Profiler to analyse existing and recommended pension arrangements.
- Experience of wrap platforms and main tax wrappers.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Broad knowledge of financial services world.
- High level of technical knowledge of financial products.
Preparing and Maintaining Client File
- Liaise with both the financial planner and administration team to ensure all compliance paperwork is present.
- Ensure that sufficient ‘know your client’ information is obtained to support the financial planning process.
- Liaise with the financial planner to ensure the client’s objectives and risk profile are determined and recorded.
- Assist the administration team to gather all the relevant information linked to the client’s existing financial products and arrangements.
- Identify and obtain all relevant information as necessary to complete the suitability report and/or cash flow plan.
- Ensuring the necessary research data and supporting documentation are saved onto the client file.
- Identify outstanding financial planning requirements.
- Analyse the client’s current financial position and arrangements.
- Undertake research both independently and with the financial planner to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs and objectives.
- Prepare information/comparisons for analysis by the financial planner.
- Liaise with the client’s legal and tax advisers (if applicable).
- Prepare recommendations for appropriate investment strategies with regard to the client’s risk profile and available assets.
- Input cashflow information into Voyant for presentation to clients.
- Prepare illustrations and application forms for agreed recommendations.
- Prepare draft suitability reports to be discussed with/signed off by the financial planner.
- Maintain awareness of legislative changes and product developments by undertaking suitable CPD activities e.g. attending seminars/workshops.
Client Review Process
- Assist with the maintenance of client relationships e.g. attend client meetings in conjunction with a financial planner if required.
- Review investment portfolios, asset allocation, risk profiles etc.
- Certificate in Financial Planning
- Diploma in Financial Planning (desirable)
- Relevant qualifications in other technical areas such pensions, investments, trusts, long term care/equity release (desirable).