DisplayLink are now looking for an IP network expert with current hands-on experience in network Optimisation / configuration.
IP Network Expert
You would work as an individual researcher, a standalone networking expert, within our strategic team developing new concepts for SoCs, FPGAs and associated OS and network stack software.
You will be delivering consultancy and direction in the areas of networked AV systems to anticipate and drive industry trends. The role will also support and train other teams developing final products.
Our research team works closely with various relevant industry standards bodies, for example IEEE and WFA.
This will require a deep knowledge of switch architectures and Quality of Service. Knowledge of real-time AV stream management is of particular interest, for example SMPTE ST 2110.
The successful candidate will be expected to be mostly self-managing and technical "hands-on" and should demonstrate good C/C++ knowledge and the ability to write, for fast prototyping of new Proof of Concept demonstrators.
We will be looking for:
- Solid experience in IP / Network industry or research
- Knowledge of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (e.g. IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP) is preferred
- Knowledge of security related products (IPS/IDS, UTMs: URL Filtering, AV, Anti-Spam and High Availability)
- Hands-on coding and configuration of Network platforms
- Product Management and Technology leadership experience
- Experience with Security, Firewalls, access and perimeter control, vulnerability management and intrusion detection will be advantageous