Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
Principal Cloud DevOps Engineer
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
The R&D Cloud DevOps team provides a global service with responsibility for the secure and efficient operation of all AVEVA Cloud solutions.
The Principal Cloud DevOps Engineer role will have significant responsibilities to contribute to technical DevOps policies, on-going development of tooling, enforcement of standards, governance controls and reporting capabilities to support AVEVA’s cloud solutions from CI/CD pipeline through to production services.
In addition, this role will work with wider, global Cloud DevOps team to contribute to the continual development of AVEVA’s SIEM monitoring systems to provide effective alerting and timely response to issues, improve the automation of reporting for system health, security and costs and work with development and business colleagues to ensure operational readiness requirements are met prior to accepting new releases and solution deployments.
- Part of a global team providing follow-the sun proactive monitoring and support of AVEVA cloud services
- Provide timely and effective response to issues and trends to ensure colleagues and customers (via Global Customer Support) are kept informed of incidents and resolution progress
- Continually develop and improve DevOps processes, adding value through optimisation, automation and effective reporting
- Oversee relevant Cloud deployments to ensure successful implementation, track and report progress, resolve or escalate release issues
- Follow and promote the Incident Management process to ensure incidents (including security related issues) are managed effectively throughout their life-cycle, including incident reporting and root cause analysis
- Proactively manage cloud environments to minimise service impacting issues, including infrastructure as code, SSL certificates, storage, health status, backup status etc.
- Review and process application and web account access requests and tasks
- Ensure new services meet required operational readiness standards before being accepted into Cloud Dev Ops operations control
- Ensure on-going compliance to security practices and policies
- Provide subject matter expertise to business stakeholders as required
- Maintain clear and accurate Dev Ops operational documentation
- Contribute to regular operational and business focussed reporting metrics
- Stay current on security industry trends, tools and best practices
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
The following list applies primarily to Azure, however relevant skills and experience with AWS are also highly desirable;
- Certification(s) in Azure.
- 4+ years of experience covering Azure Access Management (IAM/RBAC), governance controls, Azure Policy and other relevant tools and services
- 4+ years of experience in monitoring, deployments and test automation of Cloud offerings on Azure platform e.g. knowledge of ARM templates, Key Vaults, Runbooks
- Experience or knowledge of software development and deployment methodologies and principles and an understanding of the core tenets and practices of DevOps, CI/CD
- Experience and a demonstrable good understanding of scripting skills e.g. in Python, Perl or .Net
- Experience with Software Lifecycle management tools. E.g. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)/Visual Studio Team Services, Source Control and Build templates
- Experience working in Agile software development such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Must be a flexible self-starter, with the ability and experience to take on new requirements quickly and adapt to a growing and evolving team
- Excellent communication skills and self-motivated problem solver
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, able to convey information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience working within an Information Security accredited framework e.g. ISO27001, 27017/18
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such