The R&D Cloud DevOps team provides a global service with responsibility for the secure and efficient operation of all AVEVA Cloud solutions.
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer - Cambridge
The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer role will have significant responsibilities for designing, developing and maintaining the security, governance, reporting and operational monitoring frameworks used for AVEVA’s cloud products. The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer role will require working with the wider global Cloud DevOps team, as well the product development teams, the product cybersecurity team and the AVEVA’s corporate IT security team. The role will be responsible for supporting the continual improvement of automation, reporting for system health and cost, as well as supporting the development teams in achieving the security, high availability and operational robustness requirements.
AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires people to shape the future. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, our solutions turn opportunities into business value. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver solutions across the asset and operations lifecycles. We use collaborative innovation to empower people and industries, enabling the planet to thrive.
There are 4,500 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
- Designing, developing and maintaining the security, governance, reporting and operational monitoring frameworks.
- Working with the wider global Cloud DevOps team, as well the product development teams, the product cybersecurity team and the AVEVA’s corporate IT security team.
- Supporting the continual improvement of automation, reporting for system health and cost.
- Supporting the development teams in achieving the security, high availability and operational robustness requirements.
- Operational support for reviewing and maintaining identity server configurations, DNS configurations and supporting the TLS certificate management process.
- Continually develop and improve DevOps processes, adding value through optimisation, automation and effective reporting.
- Reviewing and providing guidance on cloud architectures from security, high availability, disaster recovery and operational effectiveness / efficiency perspectives.
- Ensuring the on-going compliance to security policies and best practice.
- Maintain high quality documentation and be able to communicate effectively at all levels with the organization
- Stay current on security industry trends, tools and best practices.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Strong interest or experience in cybersecurity.
- AWS and/or Azure experience, ideally for an independent software vendor.
- Must have a willingness to work on and learn both AWS and Azure.
- Technical minded individual contributor, but ability to "lead the way".
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter, but still a team player.
- Strong, relevant, development background, ideally for an independent software vendor.
- Experience or strong motivation to focus on DevOps.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
Having some of the following is desirable:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure governance. For example, cross account or subscription management, setting up and configuring security, logging or governance services.
- Cloud infrastructure knowledge and experience, at scale - Design, Deployment, Operation
- Networking experience, knowledge. DNS, HTTPS, TCP, etc.
- Ability to guide development teams designing cloud solutions and preparing for operations.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting.
- Full stack web development experience
- Linux, and strong focus on automation, command line, scripting etc.
- Powershell, C#, .NET, Nodejs.
- Experience using Docker and ideally Kubernetes.
- Experience as an architect.
- Operational experience, on-call support.
- Database experience - administration, development and tuning.
- Compliance framework experience, e.g. IS027001, SOC2 etc.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.