The primary function of this role is ‘hands on’ bid management to ensure that high quality proposal responses are prepared and delivered in line with the customer’s stipulated requirements / timescales, and that the process of defining, planning and preparing the response follows AVEVA’s Proposals Management procedures.
The Bid Manager will be responsible for evaluating and assessing proposal requests, coordinating the bid decision process, establishing and briefing the Proposal Response Team, planning and coordinating proposal preparation and assisting Sales in final review and approval of the response prior to submission.
Many of AVEVA’s business opportunities are characterised by a “complex” sales and delivery process encompassing multiple products, a range of professional services, 3rd party software and service partners, complex contractual terms and conditions and a multi-faceted bidding process.
The Bid Managers primary responsibility is to ensure the successful planning, preparation and delivery of AVEVA’s response to all forms of request for proposal (e.g. RFP, ITT, ITB, RFI), for “complex” opportunities which are managed by The Global Proposals Group.
- Responsible for managing requests assigned to him/her and ensuring that appropriate responses are prepared and submitted on time and in line with AVEVA’s Proposals Management procedures
- Organises and facilitates the bid decision process. Collects input from key stakeholders, summarises the technical, logistical and contractual facets of the opportunity and highlights / articulates associated risks
- Works with management stakeholders to establish the cross functional Proposal Response Team
- Briefs the Proposal Response Team, establishes responsibilities, and defines the activities, contributions and timescales needed to deliver the proposal response to the agreed schedule
- Coordinates the contributions of the Proposal Response Team and helps compile the consolidated proposal response
- Assists Sales in final proposal review and approval
- Works, as requested, to continually improve processes and facilitate efficient Proposal Management
- Ensures AVEVA’s Proposal Management process is followed and that all proposal materials are managed and stored accordingly
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years successful experience in Tendering or Contracts management, ideally in organisation selling and delivering complex software solutions and services
- Educated to Bachelor Degree level either in Computer Sciences or a relevant engineering discipline
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Able to structure and compose proposal documentation and summarise and present proposals and associated issues to internal stakeholders
- Extensive experience in using the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of the AVEVA software portfolio is a plus