AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
National Sales Manager - Biologics
Respiratory Business Unit
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a National Sales Manager- Biologics in the Respirator Business Unit, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives as we aim to deliver our bold ambition - successfully launching the first respiratory biologic from AstraZeneca: Benralizumab.
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you’ll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca’s corporate functions and our European and International regions’ sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition – join us.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
The National Sales Manager for Biologics coaches, leads, develops and guides Biologics Account Managers (BAM’s), driving improved performance and capabilities in generating clinical demand for Respiratory Biologics brands with key accounts, pro-actively identifying business opportunities, presenting value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommending solutions to drive and develop business.
As the National Sales Manager will work with the BAMs to develop strategic and mutually beneficial relationships with the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) and the severe asthma networks. You will be a critical member of the Biologics cross functional team and expected to partner with this team to deliver on our Bold Ambition of successfully launching AstraZeneca’s biologics portfolio – leading with Faserna (Benralizumab). The National Sales Manager for Biologics will also frequently be asked to join the Respiratory Leadership Team meetings and take a lead role in reporting on key lead indicators and KPIs in the Business Operations Meetings (BOM).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full driving licence
- ABPI qualification
- Proven track record of successfully managing key account manager teams (first or second line management) and performance management
Experience in any, or all of:
- High-Cost Specialist Medicines (specialised commissioning)
Proven track record of leading cross-functional internal teams and managing the internal organisation matrix
- Proven track record of engaging and developing lasting relationships with a broad base of key stakeholders in complex clinical environments, e.g., mid and senior level healthcare professionals,
- Proven track record of effective coaching and development, both at individual and team level
- Proven track record of strategic thinking
- Proven track record of developing and successfully executing compelling account strategies
- Conflict Management
- Performance Management
- Second line sales management experience and national sales manager roles
- Experience in any, or all of:
- Respiratory Biologics products
- Secondary Care Respiratory
- Exposure to marketing and national strategic project management
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.