AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
IT Project Manager
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with integrity, even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
Our business relies on the most up-to-date software to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that benefit patients the world over. Solution Delivery within Commercial IT builds, develops, deploys and integrates that software – on time and budget, to the highest quality standards and against AstraZeneca’s business strategy.
As a Project Manager, you’ll be part of a passionate and experienced team of IT professionals that harnesses agile delivery, adheres to our right-first-time principles and makes ‘the best’ the benchmark. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with solid experience of planning, mobilising, leading the full project life cycle, and delivering transformational IT projects. Delivering a portfolio of projects requires people with diverse skill sets covering project management, technical, analytical, service management, business partnering and business analysis skills, all combined with strong communication skills.
The Project Manager shall be part of a wider PM team responsible for executing the delivery of a portfolio of projects globally. Having a positive relationship with the business customer driving the demand for the solution is critical to success in this role. As such the Project Manager will not only meet demand, but also challenge and renegotiate demand as needed based on strategic technical drivers and corporate ambitions.
The Project Manager has a relentless passion for delivery, with a strong customer focus. The role views process as mentorship for achieving delivery, and constantly looks for creative means to deliver quicker and more seamlessly within the process guideposts. The role is accountable for ensuring solutions solve key business needs in an integrated and simple manner, exploiting existing assets where feasible, and minimizing the long term total cost of ownership.
The role must also ensure that delivery occurs with a sense of urgency. Projects are completed within the approved programme budget and schedule commitments, whilst continuously assessing risk and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to standard methods and tools.
Focus areas include stakeholder management across Business, IT, and vendor partners, risk management and delivery of business benefit.
Required Experience and Education
- Extensive Project Management experience
- Blue-chip or multinational company experience, and experience of working with matrixed organisations
- Technical or Business degree, Master's degree preferred
- Demonstrated skills interacting with Senior Leaders
- Project Management certifications preferred (Scrum, SAFe Agile followed by Prince, PMP, MSP)
- Confirmed skills and experience delivering, running and controlling large projects
- Experience of working with onshore and offshore suppliers
- Demonstrated understanding of quality and compliance
- Excellent relationship management, and influencing skills
- Solid track record negotiating across complex groups
- Experience shaping creative solutions
- Experience working in global organization and across cultural boundaries
- Strong interpersonal skills and real passion for customers
- Excellent collaboration and presentation skills (both oral and written) and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience
- A sense of ownership and enterprise leadership to delivery high quality solutions that solve business problems
- Experience of a range of technologies, not all but possibly: Adobe (Experience Manager/Campaign), Veeva (Vaults/CRM), SalesForce, Amazon Web Services, Redshift, MicroStrategy, Reltio, Snaplogic.
- Accountable for the delivery of (predominantly) Agile projects/programmes in accordance with AstraZeneca’s Adaptive Delivery Framework (ADF) and standards
- Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users.
- Owns and manages project budgets and forecasts rolling up to support sound portfolio budget management - Typical project budget in the range of $0.75k - $3M
- Reacts to flexible work backlogs as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure timely completion of project to meet project deadlines
- Manages relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure business requirements are effectively understood and committed to project iterations/phases
- Ensures that impact and changes resulting from projects/programmes are effectively communicated to the business
- Builds and leads project teams, communicating roles and responsibilities whilst supporting partnership and collaboration amongst the team and business partners
- Ensures project work products are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Harnesses and promotes project/programme improvement mentality across teams
- Resolves quality and compliance risks and issues, and when appropriate, advances to program Delivery Director
- Ensure the project team adheres to all standards including ADF, quality, and compliance, as well as processes, defined technical capabilities, and best practices.
- Responsible for steering / stakeholder meetings, communication of status, issues, and risks.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.