AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Associate Scientist I
If you’re passionate about the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
Here at AstraZeneca, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every single day. As one of the world’s best-in-class biotechnology companies, our mission is centred on delivering life-changing products that advance world health and help fight and cure disease. AstraZeneca has a dynamic environment that champions teamwork and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist I to join our excellent core tissue culture team based in Cambridge.
- Day-to-day operation of a cell culture lab
- Provision of mammalian cell lines and primary cells to research groups to support project progression
- Cryopreservation of cells
- Maintenance of appropriate records
- Development of technical skills and working knowledge of all equipment used in our Cell Culture labs.
- Compliance with our policies and procedures
- Operational management of a cell culture laboratory
- Mammalian cell culture experience
- Experience of working as part of a team
- First degree, HND/HNC, 'A' levels in biological sciences or similar experience
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
Competitive remuneration and company benefits apply
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.