AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Mechanical and Electrical Accountable Engineer
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives everyday. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Main purpose / scope of the role:-
As the Mechanical and Electrical Accountable Engineer, you will support AstraZeneca Facilities Management Engineering at its facilities within Cambridge, Luton and London with the aim of ensuring that compliance and technical standards are maintained at all times.
You will achieve this by providing technical advice and providing a timely response to operational incidents and customer issues. You will also oversee technical maintenance and repair operations to ensure that FM service delivery is not compromised.
- You will act as the AstraZeneca Accountable Engineer, taking strategic and technical direction from the Head Engineering.
- As the Accountable Electrical or Mechanical Engineer, building and maintaining strong relationships with the operational service delivery teams and suppliers.
- You will provide technical expertise, specialist advice, support and consultancy when requested to do so by operational colleagues.
- You will supporting asset and maintenance planning and contribute to the development of complaint buildings within the AstraZeneca’s Cambridge, Luton and London portfolio.
- You will ensure that a cost-effective maintenance solution is provided without disruption to site operations and customers.
- Liaising closely with the AstraZeneca and 3rd party suppliers safety leads (SHE ) you will ensure that compliance and safe working are always a priority, and consistently observed.
- You will lead investigations and provide reports in relation to any operational incidents, near miss events and issues when requested to do so.
- Analysing data from technical activities you will provide recommendations for change.
- Liaises closely with operational service delivery teams building an awareness of the technical aspects of their operation that may require support.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of planned, remedial and reactive work flow. Analyses business performance and identifies the change initiatives required to improve service delivery in relation to technical aspects of the work.
- Undertakes site inspections and meetings with key stakeholders to ensure that all technical aspects are compliant and any deficiencies reported through the correct channels.
- Responds quickly to requests for assistance from operational colleagues, communicating through agreed protocols to ensure that all interested parties are aware of progress.
- Responds quickly to incidents that require technical support. Liaises with operational colleagues throughout to ensure full resolution. Provides reports after each incident to capture root cause and ensure that any wider business impact is communicated and acted upon appropriately.
- Leads the evaluation, introduction and impact of new products, systems or processes for the delivery of technical services to customers.
- Leads on asset strategy, maintenance strategy and technical life cycle planning. Liaises with central technical services colleagues as needed to collate relevant information.
- Undertakes technical audits of selected sites as directed, ensuring that asset performance is optimised, risks are escalated and technical compliance is maintained at all times.
- Manages relationships with key suppliers to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments, managing in-life performance and working with colleagues to define the strategic direction for supplier support.
- Liaises with the Energy Manager and other colleagues engaged in identifying and implementing energy saving measures to support the AZ energy saving programme.
- Delivers H&S policy on safe systems of work by regularly monitoring permit to work arrangements related to technical aspects of safe working including, but not limited to, electrical safety, confined spaces, pressure vessels and mechanical systems.
- Acts in accordance with all legal and other requirements including Health & Safety policy, statutory requirements, industry standards and AZ quality standards, processes and procedures.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.