AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Senior Project & Programme Manager
AstraZeneca is a global biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a workplace culture that inspires innovation and teamwork. Here, you would express dynamic perspectives, give to an energised environment and provide creative ideas - and be rewarded for this.
The Portfolio Solutions Senior Project & Programme Manager leads all regional, Line of Business or Functional deployments, reporting to the Portfolio Director. The role crafts vision, and ensures that business strategies are effectively being addressed, ensuring solutions solve key business needs and can be completed within the approved programme budget and schedule dedications whilst meeting required quality and compliance standards. Focus areas include partner management, risk management and delivery of business benefit. This role is also required to follow established project management standards and leads / drives development of the project / programme management capability.
- Establish programme vision and realisation approach ensuring technical solutions fit with CSIS Architecture roadmaps and blueprints.
- Lead and approve plans for programmes, including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality as defined.
- Lead and coordinate programme budgets, forecasts, tasks, schedules, and change management, to support effective programme decisions.
- Lead and coordinate interdependencies between programme workstreams (intra-program and across portfolio).
- Oversee the development of strategic risk analysis and control plans acting as critical issue point for all programme-level risks and issues.
- Maintain relationships with senior business partners to ensure the effective capturing of business requirements and commitment to project/program objectives. Responsible for steering / partner meetings, communication of status, issues, risks.
- Build a cohesive project /programme team and provide the leadership necessary to improve the team’s success.
- Oversee changes to programme scope, ensuring that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated to senior partners and review boards.
- Ensure service transition plans including controlled hand-over into support and maintenance are performed.
- Ensure the programme adheres to all standards including quality, and compliance, as well as processes, defined technical capabilities, and standard methodologies.
- Lead and drive development of a world-class centre of excellence for project management capabilities and ensure that standard methodology is embraced and reinforced.
- Works reciprocally with:
- AZ Senior partners to ensure understanding and dedication to programme objectives, and development and refinement of deliverables
- Key business partners to ensure the effective capturing of business requirements and dedication to project/programme objectives
- Supplier Management function to manage delivery of medium-sized external supplier contracts
- Internal and External Suppliers to ensure delivery of agreed products and services while ensuring adherence to AZ project delivery standards
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in IT Engineering or meaningful experience.
- Team management experience across multiple geographic locations.
- Proven skills and experience managing and controlling large project and programme budgets.
- Proven track record of defining business strategies and influencing key business stakeholders.
- Strong track record managing and leading global project teams.
- Experience crafting creative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation.
- Programme management certification
- Experience of running RFI / RFP
Skills and Capabilities
- Proven Project and Programme Delivery Experience.
- Financial Management and Benefits Delivery practices.
- An authority on quality and compliance.
- Strong negotiating skills and experience across complex groups.
- Excellent business insight with sensitivity to environment.
- Excellent leadership skills interacting with senior leaders.
- Champions diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast changing environment, to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, able to manage multiple workstreams.
- Determined and focused to drive projects to completion.
- Clear decision-making capability.
- Ability to manage conflict and changing demands through prioritization and pragmatic approach.
Agile, Lean & Six Sigma Skills.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.