We are an expanding, relaxed and highly professional technical consultancy developing state of the art new products for our commercial clients. An exciting period of growth, it’s your opportunity to join a vibrant and fast-paced team; no two days are the same; variety is certainly the spice of life here!
Consultant Industrial Designer
Joining the hub of the brightest minds you will be responsible for leading and developing technically challenging projects for a range of products in the consumer and healthcare sectors. Ideally we are looking for someone who has a keen interest in new technology and product design, and be able to generate graphical and presentation material of exceptional quality. The successful candidate is likely to have worked in Consultancy previously and will demonstrate an outstanding design portfolio containing evidence of in-market product from at least one of the following areas – consumer product, healthcare, structural packaging. Experience of participating in primary consumer research activities, and a track record of managing project activity and/or stakeholder relationships would be advantageous.
You will have:
- A creative thinker, concept generator, and communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of multidisciplinary team working
- Graphically exceptional, including rapid communication of ideas (from outstanding hand sketching, and full Adobe CS as a minimum), to proven 3D CAD competency (preferably Solidworks and/or Alias). Keyshot, rendering and 3D animation software expertise would be an advantage.
- Comfortable with hands-on modelling, general workshop model-making skills and conversant with the latest Rapid Prototyping technologies
- 2:1 or higher degree in industrial design, product or structural packaging design or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrable industrial/product/packaging design experience in at least one of the following sectors: Consumer, Healthcare, FMCG, Structural Packaging.
- Experience of Project Leadership and experience of participating in consumer and market research activities would be an advantage
We look after you:
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas you receive; Competitive salary l Discretionary bonus l 12% non-contributory pension l Private healthcare l 25 days holiday
With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer an exciting and challenging working environment where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding but rewarding. An excellent opportunity to join a technical consultancy that’s exciting and going places!