Cambridge Design Partnership is a successful innovation partner focused on creating value for our clients by transforming new ideas, design and technology into commercial success.
As our consultant chemist, you will apply a ‘first principle’ analysis and problem-solving approach to our toughest innovation challenges. A practical chemist, you will have a good understanding of the product development process gained by working hands on, taking products from concept to market.
Working within our multidisciplinary teams on major development projects, you will be responsible for developing technical solutions for a range of products and processes in the consumer, healthcare, industrial and energy sectors.
You will have:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in a Chemistry or Natural Science (with a chemistry bias) from a top tier University
- A postgraduate science degree from a top tier University
- Strong creative and technical abilities in a range of areas such as materials science, polymers synthesis, analytical methods and test method development and validation.
- A track record of high-quality publications and/or patents in the discipline.
- Experience leading projects from taking responsibility for quality, time, and cost
- Excellent project management skills with experience of leading multidisciplinary product development teams involving scientists and engineers
- Practical, hands on approach to product development
- Excellent presentation skills and an effective communicator
- Commercial awareness gained in one of the following environments: technical / design consultancy; technology start-up; new product development/engineering department
- Strong drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technical, project leadership, and business development skills