We are an expanding, relaxed and highly professional technical consultancy developing state of the art new products for our commercial clients. An exciting period of growth, it’s your opportunity to join a vibrant and fast-paced team; no two days are the same; variety is certainly the spice of life here!
Market & Design Insights Researcher
Our fast-growing research and design team is busy managing and delivering national and international project work for some of the globe’s largest household names, brand manufacturers and technology providers. We now have an exciting position available for an exceptional Market and Insights Researcher. The role offers a fantastic opportunity for a proactive and creative research professional to become part of a dynamic team that delivers high-end research led insight and strategy programmes for a wide range of clients operating across sectors including consumer products, FMCG and healthcare.
Empathy and human-centeredness are integral elements of our approach to research and design, as are organisational skills and process rigour. You must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and practical experience of applying core market research methodologies in a commercial context is absolutely essential.
The successful candidate is likely to have worked in a design/brand consultancy or market research agency, or client-side in a consumer insight role; above all they must be able to demonstrate an impressive track record of human-centred, evidence-based research, project/programme management, and preferably of working with multi-disciplinary design teams to translate insights into actionable recommendations, and transform data into effective stories.
This varied role will see the successful candidate working with a senior multidisciplinary team and providing support through project and programme management activities, trend analysis, visual language and brand presentations, film making (ethnographic and design led) and translation of insight into product, service and experience concepts. You will hopefully love global travel!
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to establish an important role within the company and develop their career with growing responsibility in the team. With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer all our staff an exciting and challenging working environment.
- Commercial consumer research experience applying industry standard tools in at least one of the following sectors: Consumer, FMCG, Packaging, Healthcare/Medical.
- 2:1 or higher degree in physical or social sciences, design or engineering. MRS accreditation is an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in designing, administering and conducting primary research in line with the MRS/ESOMAR code of conduct. An understanding of front end innovation, affective sciences and emotional and sensory research techniques would be an advantage, as would the ability to moderate without supervision.
- Project/programme management experience, strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills.
- Experience of managing external research recruitment and survey partners to ensure accurate and timely delivery of requirements for multiple concurrent projects
- Comfortable responding to client enquiries and communicating with colleagues with exceptional telephone and face-to-face manner.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationwide and overseas is essential. Previous experience in conducting international primary research would be an advantage.
We look after you:
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas you receive; Competitive salary l Discretionary bonus l 12% non-contributory pension l Private healthcare l 25 days holiday