As Principal Consultant Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing further our software capability, and for guiding design and implementation of software for a range of product applications for our clients globally within the healthcare, consumer and energy sectors. Experienced in working to tight deadlines, you will be passionate about evangelising our capability to clients, be a technical expert in your field of software, and lead major development projects successfully to quality, time and cost targets.
Principal Consultant Software Engineer
With an entrepreneurial attitude and a flair for developing teams, systems and structures, we will give you the freedom and support to push the boundaries of what can be achieved in the world of technology.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Software or Electronic Engineering
- Experienced in Project Leadership/Management
- Recent experience of leading software teams, mentoring and developing others
- Experience or appreciation of many levels of software development – spanning embedded firmware, PC applications and IT scalable systems
- Comfortable and experienced with modern development tools and practices, and an appreciation of test methodologies
- Understanding the performance impact of using different features of software languages
- Be self-motivated and accustomed to getting on with tasks, working in a team with strict attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Supporting Business Development activities
- Planning and quoting software programmes
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture. Our offices are based in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge where we offer an exciting and challenging working environment.
We hire people with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for engineering and science so if you’re the type of person who fills their spare time designing and making things, then we’d love to know.
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas, you receive a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 12% non-contributory pension, private healthcare and 25 days holiday.