TTP Labtech is looking for an experienced CryoEM specialist to help deliver and support new sample preparation technologies that will enable emerging methods of determining biomolecular structures. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting-edge sample preparation technology and aid in its introduction to the market.
CryoEM Applications Scientist
TTP Labtech is looking for an experienced CryoEM specialist to help deliver and support new sample preparation technologies that will enable emerging methods of determining biomolecular structures. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting-edge sample preparation technology and aid in its introduction to the market.Based near Cambridge, UK, TTP Labtech is a global supplier of innovative products for accelerating drug development, combining the best science with first-rate engineering. We design and manufacture a wide range of liquid dispensing equipment, sample management systems and fluorescence detection instruments. TTP Labtech enjoys an enviable reputation for innovation, reliability and quality.The successful candidate will help shape the development and delivery of a range of new products as a key member of the structural biology team.You should have:
- Previous experience of sample preparation for CryoEM;
- A good grounding in commercial and business principles. Specific experience in this area would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience with X-Ray crystallography desirable.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of CryoEM sample preparation and structure determination
- Significant CryoEM and structural biology domain knowledge and a keen awareness of current trends in the field.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development and roll-out of early systems and the progression to full commercial products;
- Supporting the sales team with product demonstrations;
- Understanding product requirements through collaboration with customers;
- Liaising between customers and development teams to identify and enable product improvements;
- Managing placements with customer development partners, including training, analysis and interpretation of customer data and providing feedback on the customer experience;
- Advising on the possible direction of further development as a product expert;
- Preparing and presenting written material for marketing, such as posters and applications notes;
- Engaging with early customers to provide applications advice;
Throughout the product life-cycle, you will be working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team, with increasing product management responsibilities. Foreign travel will be required, visiting customers and attending demonstrations and exhibitions.The position is based at our campus near Cambridge, UK so UK-based applicants are preferred.Requirements:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in a biological science from a leading university. A PhD qualification in a relevant field is strongly preferred, although equivalent experience will be considered;
- Creative thinking and logical problem solving;
- Ability to analyse complex technical data/equipment;
- First class verbal and written communication skills, fully proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Organised, motivated team-worker with good interpersonal skills;
- Experience of working in a commercial environment including interaction with customers and demonstrating complex equipment.
Benefits:TTP Labtech is based on the Melbourn Science Park, a short commute from Cambridge, Royston and the surrounding areas. There are excellent cycle, train, road and airport connections.We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package including: Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, generous Pension Plan, Profit Share and relocation packages as well as great facilities and discounted local swimming, squash and gym memberships.Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice on our website before applying.