In this role, you will support the Group Head of Tax in all aspects of taxation. You will ensure that our UK tax compliance and reporting obligations are met and assess the impact of changes in tax legislation. You will be responsible for the delivery of our UK tax returns and the group statutory reporting processes. You will also oversee our tax filing obligations in our overseas territories.
We need a hardworking and technically capable individual with a strong commercial mindset to join our team.
- Preparation of the interim and year end tax provision for UK and Group statutory reporting purposes and disclosures in the group financial statements;
- Manage the preparation and submission of the UK company corporate tax returns including provision of information to our professional advisors and liaising with colleagues to obtain the necessary information;
- Preparation of the transfer pricing calculations for group purposes, gathering the necessary data and liaising with our overseas teams to implement the necessary recharges. Ensuring that our transfer pricing documentation is up to date and consistent with the OECD requirements. Implementation of changes to transfer pricing, as required;
- Calculation of the UK R&D tax credit available. Gathering the necessary data and liaising with our R&D team;
- Review of patent box for the UK;
- Updating the UK tax forecasts for the group;
- Review and manage the preparation of our quarterly VAT returns.
- Dealing with the UK payroll filing requirements.
- Ensuring internal controls for indirect taxes are operating effectively.
- Ensuring that our overseas withholding tax obligations are met, reviewing the withholding tax rules in overseas territories and managing the withholding tax compliance obligations;
- Manage the overseas compliance requirements, liaising with our overseas teams and professional advisors to ensure that all filing obligations are met. Review the overseas tax returns and provisions.
- Provide day to day advice to the business;
- Implement improvements to our compliance and reporting processes;
- Ensure full compliance with our tax obligations.
- Support the Group Head of Tax on tax initiatives for the group.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant or tax professional (ACA/ACCA/CTA) with extensive corporate tax experience.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of tax accounting and tax reporting;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Able to demonstrate ownership and personal responsibility;
- Flexible and hard working with a can-do attitude;
- Working knowledge of the UK R&D tax credit system would be useful;
- Ambitious to succeed and deliver high quality tax reporting and compliance;
- Some inhouse experience would be useful, although not essential;
- Some experience of US tax would be useful, although not essential.
Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers everyday. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in - research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
As part of any recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on this link https://www.horizondiscovery.com/about-us/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice