Cambridge Design Partnership is a leading technology and product design partner focused on helping your business grow. Some of the world’s largest companies trust us to develop their most important innovations. We specialise in the healthcare, consumer, energy and industrial equipment markets where our sector leaders have the expert knowledge to embrace the opportunities and solve the challenges you face.
Consultant Mechanical Engineer
As a Mechanical Engineer at CDP you will be involved in developing new products that make a difference - in a variety of markets including medical devices & drug delivery systems, cutting-edge diagnostics and consumer products that improve lives.
Your role will offer you the perfect opportunity to lead projects while using your technical knowledge to offer innovative solutions to our clients. As part of our multi-disciplinary team your insight, creativity and drive will allow you to develop your technical as well as project leading and sales support skills, progressing your career and broadening your knowledge and experience. In return your ingenuity will be rewarded with the satisfaction of seeing your ground-breaking new creations launched in the market.
- 1st or high 2:1 degree in Mechanical engineering or similar discipline
- Strong creative, analytical and technical abilities in many of the following areas: Concept generation; System level design; Engineering analysis and detail design; 3D CAD; Prototyping and lab testing; Materials selection; Analysis of static, dynamic, fluid or thermodynamic systems; Design for high and low volume manufacturing; Design for high reliability; Launch into manufacture; Manufacturing support and processes
- Ability to manage day-to-day client relationships, whilst leading projects; responsible for quality, profit and project planning
- Commercial awareness in one of the following environments: technical / design consultancy; technology start-up; new product development department
- Relevant practical experience with evidence of project leadership, good analytical and creative capabilities
- Show drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technical, project leadership, and sales skills
- The confidence and ability to present your ideas and results in a compelling way
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture.
We hire people with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for design, engineering and science so if you’re the type of person who fills their spare time designing and making things, then we’d love to know.
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas, you receive a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 12% non-contributory pension, private healthcare and 25 days holiday.