Sepura, part of the Hytera Group, a leading global supplier of critical communication radio systems, are expanding the Baseband Engineering Team and have a new vacancy for a Principal Engineer to work on the development of professional mobile radio products and accessories.
Based in our Cambridge development centre and reporting to the Baseband Team Leader, the applicant would be involved in the whole lifecycle of product development from concept and prototype stages, through to production and support.
As a Principal Engineer you will have techncial responsibility for work package delivery and you will have mentoring opportunities for less Senior Engineers. You will be the 'go to person' when it comes to high-speed digital design, but will also get involved in other areas of electronics as required.
The right candidate will have a strong background of board level digital design, enjoy problem solving and be a good communicator.
- Technical design and specification of electronic circuitry for radio terminal products and accessories:
- Complete subsystem design and implementation
- Integration with other subsystems
- Component specification and sourcing
- Design and test documentation
- Schematic creation and PCB layout supervision
- Technical requirements analysis
- Resolution of design and integration issues
- Type approval support
- Technical support to end customers
- Progress reporting to project team and line manager