Do you have a passion for Continuous Integration and DevOps? Would you like to apply your expertise to mobile, embedded and supercomputing environments? Joining Arm’s Mobile Tools Infrastructure team in Cambridge, you will design novel CI/CD solutions to improve the efficiency and quality of our products.
What will you be accountable for?
As a member of the Infrastructure team, your work will be a mixture of both development and support. This will range from implementation and deployment systems designed to enable other teams, to maintenance tasks and tutoring on how best to use the services we provide.
Our day-to-day work is dynamic and the following are examples of tasks you are likely to be involved in:
- Providing infrastructure solutions to assist development teams across Arm Debug Tools. Your initial focus will be on Arm's Mobile Studio, before expanding into the full range of Debug software from microcontrollers to Supercomputers.
- Investigation and implementation of new systems/features.
- Close collaboration with software development teams to provide fast and reliable CI/CD solutions.
- Providing timely analysis and resolution of issues reported by internal customers.
- Providing technical support, workshops and presentations to teach CI/CD.
- Requirements analysis and task breakdown.
- Communication & collaboration with engineering IT and other Arm infrastructure groups.
- Collaboration with peers to adopt common approaches to CI/CD, sharing expertise as well as code.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and has production deployment experience, with a variety of software development skills and a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
What skills, experience and qualifications will you need?
- You are comfortable using Linux Command Line (e.g. Bash) for day-to-day work.
- You use version control, such as Git.
- You have experience of creating Continuous Integration Pipelines, using Jenkins, go.cd or similar tools.
- You use Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. The role involves collaborating with development teams in Arm to deliver improvements to continuous integration. Excellent problem solving abilities are required.
- A good level of proficiency in at least one programming language such as Python, Java or Go and a willingness and capability to learn more.
- You will have experience with (or knowledge pertaining to) Android device farm setup, management and integration with C.I. systems.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle including design, implementation and testing. Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
The following additional key skills and behaviours are desirable for the role, but are not essential. You will be given the opportunity to develop new skills.
- You have integrated and used version control and code review systems, such as Git, Gerrit, GitHub into DevOps flows.
- Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet are central to your work.
- Much of your work uses virtual machines and cloud technologies. Having worked in this context before you have skills in technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Terraform and OpenStack. Experience of using public clouds such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud would be desirable.
- Integration with Artifactory or Nexus for artefact storage.
- You understand the need to track and measure progress with appropriate metrics and have used tooling to visualize the results such as Kibana and Graphana.
- Supporting infrastructure of the team's software delivery, you will understand what monitoring is required to enable early indication of potential problems to be seen and fixed, and can configure systems to support this.
- Test automation is a key part of Continuous Delivery and you will have experience with automated test frameworks, such as Robot Framework.
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Able to work independently and in a distributed team.
- Flexible and open to new challenges.
A university degree or equivalent on the job experience and knowledge.
About the Development Solutions Group (DSG)
DSG is to help our customers craft creative and energy efficient Arm-Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to build or enable tools that improve Arm system performance, productivity or time to market.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is essential, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.