Sepura are seeking a talented Android App Developer to work on our next generation products.
Sepura TETRA digital radio products are similar to mobile phones, but also provide robust, long range, secure communication in harsh environments to public safety, military, transport, utilities and commercial customers. Sepura offer a broad range of radio products, support tools and accessories.
The candidate filling this role will initially work with the Advanced Technology Group to produce reference designs and functional prototypes for Sepura's next generation platforms, and will then transfer to the Development Team to take the ideas and concepts of the prototype through full Product Development. Candidates will need to be flexible enough to thrive in both the dynamic prototyping phase, and the more structured product development phase.
The role will focus on the development of Android Apps (UI and Middleware) to provide equivalent functionality to our TETRA radios, and to implement new Apps showcasing the platform's capabilities.
A key attribute of the successful candidate will be the ability to enthuse, coach and mentor experienced embedded software engineers whilst they transition to the new environment required for Android development.
Previous experience developing Android Apps offering a mix of voice and data features, and a variety of wireless and wired bearers (e.g. LTE, WiFi, BT, USB, Ethernet) for mobile platforms is essential for this role.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Android App Development offering voice call, data, location, security and related features
- Trialling ideas in order to optimise use of standard Android functionality to reduce bespoke development
- Trialling and integrating open-source development tools for rapid development and developer testing
- Trialling build tool chains, for subsequent integration into Continuous Integration System
- Rapid prototyping of demonstration systems to generate early feedback on proposed solutions
- The production of architectural, design and test specifications
- Integration testing, investigation and resolution of issues
- Participation in project planning and technical reviews
This role offers a great opportunity to get involved early in the development life-cycle of Sepura's next generation platforms, and so become a key member of the team.
Additional duties mat arise on a seasonal or ad hoc basis, or as the business requires.