Redgate is looking for a passionate and talented person to lead our UK Technical Support team and provide exceptional customer support for users of Redgate tools. You’ll play a vital role in the team; every day you and your team will help customers to solve their technical problems by performing remote screen share sessions or …
Technical Support Team Leader
Redgate is looking for a passionate and talented person to lead our UK Technical Support team and provide exceptional customer support for users of Redgate tools.
You’ll play a vital role in the team; every day you and your team will help customers to solve their technical problems by performing remote screen share sessions or working with them via phone and email to gather important details about their issue. You’ll also champion our products, provide our product development teams with customer feedback and help your colleagues to understand the technical concepts behind the tools.
You will be leading a team of 5-6 support engineers, carrying out monthly one to ones, coaching, training and giving feedback consistently. You will be responsible for the motivation and development of your team, as well as the measuring of their performance.
The role is challenging and diverse, and to keep you at the top of your game we’ll invest in you and your career, providing all the training and support you’ll need to achieve great work.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to work in a stimulating, creative, and exciting environment, and you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you! Just submit your CV and a cover letter.
What makes you our next Technical Support Team Lead?
- You have solid management experience and have managed a team before.
- You have a successful track record working in a technical environment and a knack for understanding tricky technical concepts.
- You have a passion for delivering the highest quality customer service.
- You’re a self-motivated team player who relishes every opportunity to problem-solve and troubleshoot.
- You have a good understanding of Windows permissions and concepts.
- You have a basic understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting practices.
- You have a solid understanding of how to troubleshoot issues in a Windows environment.
- You have past experience working on a help desk or service desk environment.
- You have a passion for technology.
- You’re a self-motivated team player who is comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
What would really help?
- A degree in a technical or science discipline.
- You have experience working with SQL or other relational databases
- Experience setting up and maintaining Windows Server and/or clusters.
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining web servers (IIS, Apache).
- SQL Server administration experience (backing up or restoring databases).
- Scripting or basic programming knowledge.
- An understanding of installing and maintaining SQL Source Control systems (Subversion, TFS, Git), and setting up and maintaining Virtual Machines (VMWare, Microsoft HyperV).
What’s the package?
- A great benefits package
- You’ll work 40 hours per week.
- Salary is £40k – £50k (depending on experience)