About the role Design is core to Redgate’s product development process and critical to the future growth and success of the company. We utilise the tools of design to discover users’ needs, identify new opportunities, explore and validate new product ideas and create Ingeniously Simple solutions. At Redgate, design is recognised as a key differentiator …
Product Designer (UX)
About the role
Design is core to Redgate’s product development process and critical to the future growth and success of the company. We utilise the tools of design to discover users’ needs, identify new opportunities, explore and validate new product ideas and create Ingeniously Simple solutions.
At Redgate, design is recognised as a key differentiator where it enables us to solve tough problems, craft great product experiences and support our innovation practices; developing technology to solve emerging problems or envisioning new ways of solving existing problems more efficiently.
Designers are embedded in cross-functional, customer-centric product teams. They work closely with Product Managers, Technical Leads and Software Engineers to build empathy and understanding for our users and facilitate the teams’ research and design activities; balancing current design needs with the pursuit of new value.
We are looking for Product Designers at all levels to support the growing needs of our Product and Foundry divisions. The ideal candidate is someone who can connect product strategy to product execution, enjoys solving tough user-software problems and can lead and inspire others in the service of creating compelling, valuable and engaging products.
As a Product Designer at Redgate you will:
- Drive and support a cadence of generative/exploratory research to identify and prioritise new, unmet or underserved customer needs – helping the business find and realise new value.
- Play a key role in influencing and shaping our product strategies; bringing understanding and insight from customer research into planning and strategy discussions.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Technical Leads to create, explore and validate new product ideas; balancing time and effort between design strategy (what) and design execution (how).
- Be comfortable working across broader timelines/horizons to both explore and envision future states of a given product/service and identify new, more proximate product opportunities.
- Design and experiment with new value propositions (or propositions for new segments) to inform and shape future product offerings, design choices and external messaging.
- Explore a range of possible solution ideas with the team; seeking fast and frequent user feedback and validation through the creation of low-fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Use a combination of qualitative and quantitative research methods to better understand user behaviour, make informed product decisions and regularly measure the impact of work.
- Supports the more immediate design needs of the product teams; crafting workflows, interfaces and interactions to address the new and evolving needs of our users.
- Refine and improve the usability, usage and engagement of existing solutions through frequent rounds of user testing, measurement, analysis and iteration.
- Actively contributes to the continuous improvement of the design practice; as well as the growth and development needs of peers across the function (including mentoring as appropriate).
Successful candidates for this role will have:
- Experience of working in a similar Product Design (digital) or similar UX role.
- A good understanding of Lean principles and optimising research and design for frequent learning and rapid experimentation.
- A pragmatic approach to their design work, knowing where and when to focus their efforts for maximum impact.
- The ability to connect business goals and product strategy to product decisions (commercial awareness); balancing business and user needs.
- An inclusive, open and transparent approach to their research and design work.
- Experience of working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment; where they have regularly facilitated workshops and design activities.
- The desire to continually learn new things, develop their skill-set and evolve as a designer.
- The ability to be comfortable with, and embrace ambiguity.
- The confidence and maturity to experiment with new research and design approaches as well as new methods and tooling.
- Experience of being a team player and someone who acts in the best interests of the user, business and team before themself.
- A genuine passion for new technology, with the ability to work across a range of platforms, mediums and interaction paradigms.
- A strong sense of advocacy for users and their needs; with the ability to champion product quality and the need for cohesive experiences.
It would be nice if you have experience in an agile software environment and some familiarity with web, SQL Server and or .NET Technology, but this is by no means essential.
In return we’ll offer you:
- Salary: £45,000 to £65,000 negotiable dependent on experience.
- This role is based in Cambridge, UK and we provide extensive relocation and VISA support where needed.
- You’ll work about 40 hours a week, with flexible working hours and opportunities for remote working.
- We dedicate Friday afternoons to personal development, design community and collaboration.
- We invest heavily in individuals’ growth and development needs, with regular training, conference opportunities and mentoring options as standard.
- Check out our our full benefits package.
Apply for the role by clicking the button below. We’d like to see a portfolio from all applicants, so please ensure that you attach your portfolio when submitting your application or include a link on your CV/covering letter.
Or, if you have any questions about the role and would like to know more, get in touch with Matt Godfrey our Head of Product Design.
This job advert opens on 17th June 2019, and expires on 15th July 2019.