eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients to achieve the remarkable.
Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after our staff and clients, which means our staff stay and our clients come back. We do interesting work with outstanding people, winning business with integrity.
Teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication are integral to delivering results, both internally and externally.
We are offering an amazing opportunity for a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team where they will be able to develop their engineering design skills to take on increasing challenges and responsibilities within the growing design team. Does this sound like the place for you – why not join us?
Mechanical engineering challenges on multi-disciplinary projects in the medical, diagnostic, laboratory, consumer and food and drink industries. You will exercise skills built on your developing knowledge of mechanical design disciplines, processes and industry standards applicable to relevant projects. The ability to work within an ISO 13485 quality management system is essential.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- To have the ability to demonstrate experience in understanding, analysing and solving mechanically focused challenges and problems, such as stress / strain / shock loading requirements, fluid flow and thermal management.
- To have good experience of 3D CAD preferably SolidWorks for solid modelling, simulation, engineering drawings and data management with a good level of competency with MS Office skills, such as Excel and other analytical and / or simulation software.
- To show through presentations, experience and knowledge of designing products with physical requirements and design for assembly, disassembly and efficient transfer to high, mid or low volume manufacture.
- Having an interest in developing Project Management skills.
- To have experience of product development skills in understanding specific design requirements, controls and documentation for medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology, laboratory and test equipment.
- To ideally have experience of designing with compliance to current legislation industry and harmonised standards applicable to the project, eg MDD, IVDD, 14971,13485, 62366, 7010, 60529.
Do you fancy the challenge?
Please visit our Careers section to find out more about eg technology, the career and benefits we offer, and why it is great working with us. Salary will be dependent upon individual candidate’s expertise and experience.
To apply, please email a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for eg technology, a CV and any supporting information.