eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients to achieve the remarkable.
Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after our staff and clients, which means our staff stay and our clients come back. We do interesting work with outstanding people, winning business with integrity.
Teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication are integral to delivering results, both internally and externally.
Does this sound like the place for you? We have a great new opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer at eg technology – why not join us?
Mechanical engineering challenges on multi-disciplinary projects in the medical, diagnostic, laboratory, consumer and food and drink industries. You will exercise skills built on extensive knowledge of mechanical design disciplines, processes and industry standards applicable to relevant projects, as well as being able to work within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- To have the ability to demonstrate experience in understanding, analysing and solving mechanically focused challenges and problems, such as stress / strain / shock loading requirements, fluid flow and thermal management.
- To have comprehensive experience of 3D CAD preferably SolidWorks for solid modelling, simulation, engineering drawings and data management with a good level of competency with MS Office skills, such as Excel and other analytical and / or simulation software.
- To show through presentations, experience and knowledge of designing products with physical requirements and design for assembly, disassembly and efficient transfer to high, mid or low volume manufacture.
- To have some experience in Project Management.
- To have in depth experience of product development skills in understanding specific design requirements, controls and documentation for medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology, laboratory and test equipment.
- To ideally have experience of designing with compliance to current legislation industry and harmonised standards applicable to the project, eg MDD, IVDD, 14971,13485, 62366, 7010, 60529.
Do you fancy the challenge?
Salary will be dependent upon individual candidate’s expertise and experience.